Located at 2603 W Eastover Terrace.
Built in 1925 this Spanish influenced depot was the main hub for the Boise transportation system. Though trains no longer stop there, it remains a symbol of the beginning of Boise's transformation from a small farm town to the largest city in Idaho.
The Boise Depot is currently managed by Boise Parks & Rec and the building stands as an iconic landmark of the city. It over looks downtown Boise and the foothills. The view from the Depot should not be missed and the inside is a must-see for any history buff. It is a great place for outdoor pictures, picnics or even a stroll. Curious about what's inside?
The Boise Depot and Bell Tower are open to the public:
Mondays 12:30-8 p.m. June through September
Sundays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. through September 30.
Admission is free.
The building is also available for rent for special occasions.
On a personal note, this is one of the places that attracted me to Boise. I spent many summer night playing hide-and-seek, Sardines, and Laser tag. Before it was re-landscaped I even waded in one of the ponds. Like many people I watched fireworks at the end of the Boise River Festival and thought "what a perfect view".
This place will be with me forever. Hope you enjoy.
Coming tomorrow...BIG MIKE.
Share your Train Depot memories in the comments.




What's inside????? I want more details. :-)
ReplyDelete