Wednesday, October 13, 2010

14. Trails of the Treasure Valley Part 1


The Treasure Valley has many trails for walkers, mountain bikers and dog owners. The trail system is called Ridge to Rivers. www,ridgetorviers.org This website gives descriptions and maps of the trails. It also talks about trail events and where you can purchase a map of these trails.  There is also some trail etiquette that they ask you to follow in order to keep the trails enjoyable for everyone.

In this post we will highlight trails #110 Seaman Gulch 1.8 miles, #111 Valley View .75miles and #112 Wild Phlox .78 miles. These trails are located in northwest Boise. To get to these trails you can take State Street heading west and turn right onto Gary Lane.  Take Gary Lane to Hill Road and turn left. Stay in the right lane and it will gradually turn into Seaman Gulch Road. Drive about a 1/2mile and on the right side will be a parking lot with a restroom and posted map.  

These trails all connect together and is a easy hike. On this hike you will get a great view of the valley from the northwest end.

A map of the Seaman Gulch trails
 


A view from the top
Trail marker


Hiking will put a smile on your face :)



Crystal

2 comments:

  1. I love this last photo, beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I didn't know that these trails existed. I also love the photos! Excellent job! :-)

    ReplyDelete