Thursday, November 11, 2010

44. VETERANS CEMETERY, Boise, ID


Thank You.
 These simple words just begin to express my heart felt gratitude for the men and women who have fought for the freedoms of our country. Today I hope that everyone will share with me in expressing appreciation to all the brave soldiers, past and present.

In honor of Veteran's Day today we thought we would explore the hollowed ground of the Idaho Veteran's Cemetery. This 75 acre plot is located above the Dry Creek Cemetery, north of Hill Rd.

As I drove up to the top of the cemetery I thought how fitting it was that it overlooks the valley with an amazing view. I'm always touched that the final resting place for the valiant would invoke such feeling of
awe and reverence.  At the top you can also the see each branch of the military seals.
  



 




This is a great place for a drive to overlook the valley, to teach your kids about the country, or freedom and the founding principles of the nation.  Many trails also run along the foothills near the cemetery that are great for a hike.

In memory of all the veterans, thank a veteran today. Thank you for our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment